Afonso de Albuquerque GardenGPS Coordinates: N 38°41'47.8", W 9°12'00.6" Free entrance
Located opposite the Belém Palace, the Afonso de Albuquerque Garden, with its 1.6 hectares (16,000m2), was restructured for the Exhibition of the Portuguese World in 1940. Since then, it has remained unaltered. The statue at the centre is of Afonso de Albuqueque (viceroy of India between 1507 and 1515) and was designed by sculptor Costa Mota. It rests on a neo-manueline base designed by Silva Pinto. The other four fountains are the work of sculptor Barata Feyo, and also date back to 1940.